Gnucash feature request

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Nov 3 10:06:07 EDT 2010

On Nov 3, 2010, at 1:59 AM, sagekey at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi John
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> In order to use the aged receivables analysis, journalling makes the most sense but my original issue then remains... is there a way to journal the upload and flag it as an invoice so the aged receivable report is still available?
>
> Can multiple users have access from different PC's at different times (i.e. not simultaneously)?
>
> In regards to backups/exportabilty, I was thinking in order to send all details to an accountant at financial year-end - what is the best way to do this?

Please remember to copy your replies to the list (use reply-all or, if your mail client has it, reply-list).

No, I don't think that there's any way to enter invoices except through the dialog-box interface.

The next version (2.4, now in development and near release) supports using a SQL database for storage, including mysql and postgresql servers. Those allow non-simultaneous access from different computers over a network.

The best (only) way to work with an accountant is to get him/her to use Gnucash. There's an external program, GnucashToQIF that could convert Gnucash XML files to QIF for import into another program, but it was based on the old 1.x schema, and it's unlikely to work at all on a current file.

Regards,
John Ralls