Gnucash feature request

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Nov 3 10:32:25 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 03 November 2010 14:06:07 John Ralls wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2010, at 1:59 AM, sagekey at yahoo.com wrote:

> The next version (2.4, now in development and near release) supports using
> a SQL database for storage, including mysql and postgresql servers. Those
> allow non-simultaneous access from different computers over a network.

The same is true at the moment - you can share the XML data file over a
network and so different users can access the file at different times - just
make sure that each user knows not to ignore the "locked file" dialogue!

> The best (only) way to work with an accountant is to get him/her to use
> Gnucash. There's an external program, GnucashToQIF that could convert
> Gnucash XML files to QIF for import into another program, but it was based
> on the old 1.x schema, and it's unlikely to work at all on a current file.

I generate year end reports in GC, export the result as html and massage into
spreadsheets, which get sent to the accountant to work from.

HTH,
Maf.