Gnucash feature request

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 10:36:44 EDT 2010

On Wednesday November 3 2010 14:06:07 John Ralls wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2010, at 1:59 AM, sagekey at yahoo.com wrote:
> > Hi John
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.
> >
> > In order to use the aged receivables analysis, journalling makes the most
> > sense but my original issue then remains... is there a way to journal
> > the upload and flag it as an invoice so the aged receivable report is
> > still available?
> >
> > Can multiple users have access from different PC's at different times
> > (i.e. not simultaneously)?
> >
> > In regards to backups/exportabilty, I was thinking in order to send all
> > details to an accountant at financial year-end - what is the best way to
> > do this?

There is a proposed addition for upcoming versions to create invoices based on
CSV data.  This may suit what you want by just importing the same CSV data
each time and assigning a new invoice number. See Bug 624911 for more
information.  It does not currently assign a new invoice number, but uses a
number within the CSV file.  It's not yet in the devel code though as it was
too late to consider for the upcoming release.

Mike E

> The next version (2.4, now in development and near release) supports using
> a SQL database for storage, including mysql and postgresql servers. Those
> allow non-simultaneous access from different computers over a network.
>
> The best (only) way to work with an accountant is to get him/her to use
> Gnucash. There's an external program, GnucashToQIF that could convert
> Gnucash XML files to QIF for import into another program, but it was based
> on the old 1.x schema, and it's unlikely to work at all on a current file.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

GPG Key: 1024D/050895C2
Keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/