Expense accounts etc...

Dennis Powless claven123 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 00:15:24 EDT 2010

I have just converted my 10+ years of quicken data to gnucash....  I
had quite a bit of work to get things done.  I have gotten the
checkbooks and credit cards all up and running, I think.

My question is this....

I have several accounts that are not active like old credit cards and
some banks.  I also have a few accounts that are still active that
span this whole time.  Can I delete these old accounts or do I hide
them.  Do they still contribute to the networth etc....?

What happens to all the money i transfer to the expense accounts (used
to be categories in quicken)?  Does this impact the networth? or
balances?

I feel I have figured out this wonderful program, I just need to get
it to work for some of the older stuff.

I toyed with the idea of starting over from the last statements for my
accounts, is this advisable?

Thanks,