Expense account not showing up in reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 10 12:20:13 EST 2010

Keith Clark <keithclark at waterloosubstop.com> writes:

> I created a bill from a vendor, it had multiple expenses on it covering
> two different months.  I dated each line item accordingly.  I then
> posted the bill and paid it.
>
> Now the expense account does not show up on my Income Statement.  This
> method of entry should work, no?  Do the expenses only get applied at
> the posting date?

All line items get dated as the Post Date of the Invoice, because they
aren't "official" until you post the invoice, and the invoice itself is
one transaction, not a set of transactions.  I.e., this is not a bug.