About OFX connection

Lincoln A Baxter lab at lincolnbaxter.com
Thu Nov 11 09:34:50 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 07:11 -0600, Christopher Singley wrote:
> Many of these banks charge fees to authorize a socket to their OFX
> server, but on their website offer a facility to generate an OFX
> response & download it for free as a text file you can import.  It's
> worthwhile hunting around the website to look.

The fact is Bank of America does allow for download of OFX files on all
of their download pages, and they remember that you selected OFX the
next time your download transactions.

> Or if not, why not switch to some bank with better customer service
> that's a little less larcenous about charging fees?  Do your small
> part to break up "too big to fail" banks like BofA.

This is off topic, but I can't resist. I have experience with the
on-line banking services of a lot of banks (way too many) as a result of
taking over the management of my Father's finances.  Most only let you
review/download the most recent 60 days of transactions.  BofA is the
only US bank that I know of that allows you to review and download
transactions going back a year.  Try that at one of the "too small to
deliver decent on-line service" banks.  (Value is in the eyes of the
consumer)

Lincoln