About OFX connection

Christopher Singley csingley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 10:34:50 EST 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Lincoln A Baxter <lab at lincolnbaxter.com> wrote:
> This is off topic, but I can't resist. I have experience with the
> on-line banking services of a lot of banks (way too many) as a result of
> taking over the management of my Father's finances.  Most only let you
> review/download the most recent 60 days of transactions.  BofA is the
> only US bank that I know of that allows you to review and download
> transactions going back a year.  Try that at one of the "too small to
> deliver decent on-line service" banks.  (Value is in the eyes of the
> consumer)

Continuing off-topic... just sticking with the "too big to fail"
crowd, Chase Bank lets you download 24 months of transactions, and
they let you make an OFX connection without needing to pay some lame
fee.

Plus JP Morgan Chase has the added attraction of not having been a
central contributor to the recent financial crisis, unlike BofA.

But still, all else being equal I prefer to do my part to defuse
systemic risk by depositing my money with smaller regional banks - of
which there are quite a few who offer 1yr+ of OFX downloads, in fact.