New wiki page available describing the GnuCash documentation process

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Sat Nov 13 18:02:15 EST 2010

Hi Tom,

Am Montag, 18. Oktober 2010 um 20:39:11 schrieb Thomas Bullock:
> Hi users-list-subscribers,
>
> For anyone who has considered working on GnuCash documentation, please
> consult this wiki page for the sequence of steps to following in
> implementing documentation enhancements:
>
> 	http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Documentation_Update_Instructions
>
> The page was launched earlier today and to the best of my ability with much
> help from several developers it should be correct.
>
> If you find anything that is not correct, please do update the wiki to what
> it should say.

About
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Documentation_Update_Instructions#Step_7_-_build_the_HTML_version_of_the_documentation
I would suggest, to make use of the autotools, because that is the official
way, packages are built later. You can find the required steps in
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#The_Procedure 6. Just replace
<locale> with C in that chapter.

FYI the xsltproc call then sits somewhere in e.g. trunk/guide/C/Makefile and
is called - beneath other stuff - by "make && make install".

> Best regards,
>
> Tom Bullock

Frank