Filtering transactions

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Nov 20 12:58:40 EST 2010

On Saturday 20 November 2010, FireFly wrote:
> --- On Fri, 11/19/10, Andrew Lukasiak <andrew at orangedigital.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible to save the filter
> > preferences for the account?
> >
> > I would like to always see only unreconciled transaction,
> > but my
> > preference is gone as soon as I close the tab.
>
> Unfortunately not at this time, I'd love to see it too, and if I had time
> I'd try to implement, but my C skills probably aren't upto it, and I
> really don't have time.
>
> - James Duerr

Can you check if someone posted an enhancement request for this in bugzilla
already ? If not, please do so. It's no guarantee it will effectively be
implemented, but on the list requests like this risk to go lost.

And even if you can't implement it in C, you could already do a good deal of
groundwork by analysing the problem in as much detail as you can. What is
needed for this. A dialog or simply a preference setting, or should it be
fully automatic ? If it requires a preference setting, where would it best be
added, how should it be called ? Of if a dialog should be introduced, what
information should be on it, can you draw a mockup ? And so on and so on.

As you see, you need to have coding skills to contribute. Creativity and
insight in the pre-coding steps are valuable and welcomed as well.

Geert