Which version for a Jan 1 fresh start?

Ian X Waddington iwaddox at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 15:55:33 EST 2010

Hi

I know this might seem a daft question, but I've been learning gnucash on a
Windows 7 machine using 2.3.16 and so far I've not had any problems that you
would attribute to the RC1 release.

I am looking to start using gnucash instead of MS-Money from Jan 1st and now
want to start setting up my accounts and reports in readiness and was just
wondering whether it made sense to continue with 2.1.16 or I should revert
back to 2.2.9 for this work. I am sure 2.2.9 has its own minor issues and
wrinkles so is 2.3.16 really any worse?

So is RC1 stable enough on to which I should build a new file, when is RC2
or even  2.4 going to be released?

Whilst I am not sure if it influences anyone thoughts but I've decided not
to bring forward my 11 year MS-Money file into gnucash, I will keep this for
reference and start again with a new gnucash file.

Thank you for your help

Ian