Future balance question

Ian X Waddington iwaddox at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 17:03:47 EST 2010

Ulrike

Thank you that works as you describe.

I am not sure I understand what you mean with your example of two
transaction dates could you please explain further?

Also, do you know the difference between ignored and postponed?

So now I can get the future balance of my checking account by entering all
my planned transactions in advance. But this does not seem to be following
any form of best accounting practice as it then relies on me remembering to
delete transactions that don't happen.

One of the most basic requirements of any personal accounting package must
be to allow the user to manage the future balance on the account - I am very
interested to learn how people worked around this issue and answered
questions like "Can I afford to withdrawal £100 from the ATM this evening
and still pay all my direct debits towards the month end?"

Thank you for your help