security editor

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sun Nov 28 05:09:46 EST 2010

On Sunday 28 November 2010, Dennis Powless wrote:
> I have opened the security editor in order to set the price of my
> fund.  I don't see the area to enter the price manually.  I have the
> price and can't find the place to enter it.  I've spent a bit of time
> installing the perl finance quote thing.  It does not work, I can't
> figure out how to get it to run and get the price.

Isn't that what the price editor is for ? As I understand it, you create a
security in the securities editor, but update its price in the price editor.
This is done so because one security can have many prices.

> I'm pretty sure it didn't install correctly.  The install process took
> quite a bit of time, with many, many, many questions about install
> this or that and can't find this or that.  Asking for path for this
> and path for that?  I saved a file of the entire terminal session.
>
> How do I un-install this application?  (Ubuntu 10.10).

Have you used Ubuntu's package manager to install GnuCash ? I believe it's
called Synaptics, but I'm not using Ubuntu myself, so I'm not totally sure.

Anyway, using the package manager is the recommende way to install GnuCash.
That should be a fairly automated process which also installs all the
necessary documents.

Uninstalling GnuCash would be done via the same package manger.

Geert