Totals only Transaction Report?

Andy Lavarre alavarre at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:06:18 EDT 2010

Hello, thank you for an excellent resource.

I've spent several hours experimenting and Googling to no avail:

How can I get a totals-only report?
====
I want a report of how much I debited or credited in total for the
specified period. For example, an annual report that gives the totals,
ONLY, for each account and subaccount.

Every variation on the report I've tried always displays all monthly
totals and at the end the desired annual total. Most of my variants also
included ALL the transactions.

Yes, I can export it as an HTML and import it into a spreadsheet and
eventually get what I want, but it would be nice to be able to say
TOTALS ONLY and be done with it.

Similarly, creating a new budget using the estimation feature also gives
too much monthly detail: I want a single value for each account,
averaging the monthly expenses, not a month by month estimate...

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Andy Lavarre