Import wizard's "Smartness"

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 11 09:33:38 EDT 2010

Oliver Schinagl <oliver at schinagl.nl> writes:

>>> So I can try matching the firs tmonth, then export the
>>> second month of
>>> 2005 and try to see if that helps.
>>
>> Oliver
>>
>> Yes, you can see, it may be okay, or not, depends on the transactions really, and I don't know the logic behind what it does, and what it doesn't recognize, so can't help much there.
> Well I tried, did the first year, and corrected everything. The second
> year import put everything to 'groceries' Why? I have no clue.

How did you "correct" everything?  The importer only keeps track of the
assignments made within the importer.  If by "corrected everything" you
mean that you completed the import and then made changes in the
register, then no, the importer will NOT recognize that.

What you need to do is that the time and assign accounts to the
to-be-imported transactions from within the importer itself.  Only then
will the importer learn.