Memo field being ignored on qif import?

Oliver Schinagl oliver at schinagl.nl
Tue Oct 12 13:47:26 EDT 2010

 On 10/12/10 16:58, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Oliver Schinagl <oliver at schinagl.nl> writes:
>
>>  Hello list,
>>
>> Experimenting with my OFX import, I figured, I could look at the QIF
>> import. I took my xml file and converted it to qif with a java app, and
>> I had a qif that seemed to be allright, it almost looked identical (the
>> main accounts where gone, Assets:Somebank changed into Somebank) but
>> this would be easily fixed with a placeholder account and moving the
>> account there. However in the qif there's clearly a 'memo' field, but
>> that is nowhere to be found after import.
> View -> Double Line Mode
> Also Split-expand the transaction
>
> The memo is there.
Ah, yes it is. double line mode is where it was hiding. Strange that it
'moves' from the split area to double area when export/importing
basically the same data. I take it that is a limitation with QIF? So It
probably is best not to mess with QIF import.

Sorry for this maybe somewhat simple stupid question(s).