How do I set up a personalised Invoice template?

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 06:37:47 EDT 2010

On Wednesday September 1 2010 08:56:20 dwallum wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to set up a personalised invoice template. I have got so far by
> basing one on a Fancy invoice. I have set up a Style Sheet. I have managed
> to get a logo and banner to appear ok.
>
> However,I am confused about where the various field information comes from
> as some things don't seem to work, e.g.
>
> I go to Edit>Report Options and set the 'Payable to' string. It does not
> appear on the Invoice even though it is checked.
>
> Where can I find our about the structure of reports? Can I set strings in
> some sort of configuration file other than Style Sheets? Can I change the
> 'TAX' summary to read 'vat'?
>
> Thanks

As to the second part of your question.
I have changed my invoices to show VAT, or whatever you've defined in the Tax
Table.  In fancy invoice at about line 224 you should see something like;
 (gncEntryGetBillTaxTable entry)))
    ;; Translators: This "T" is displayed in the taxable column, if this entry
contains tax

I changed this to;

 (_ (gncTaxTableGetName (gncEntryGetInvTaxTable entry))) "")))

Whatever taxes you have defined now appears on the invoice.
Mike E

--
GPG Key: 1024D/050895C2
Keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/