multicolumn report

Stephen (Shih-Hsiung) Ni sni at broadcom.com
Wed Sep 1 17:39:11 EDT 2010

Hi All:
   I used to be a Microsoft Money user, and just recently I started using gnucash.  When I was using Ms Money, I used to generate a report that shows monthly income and expense over time, say over past 6 months period starting from current month.  This report will have all the income and expense categories in the first column, and then monthly income and expense in the following columns, one month per column. Currently, if I want to generate the same report in gnucash, I need to use income statement in custom multicolumn report format, then manually enter the date range for each month. Even then the report looks ugly since the same income and expense category names will be repeated between each month column, making it hard to read.
   Does anyone have an already created custom report template that I can borrow to do the above task so I don't have to manually create such multicolumn report each month?  I am not familiar with Scheme language, so I am hesitant in creating my own report template

Thanks for your help

Stephen