General Ledger entries not getting to accounts

Keith Clark keithclark at waterloosubstop.com
Fri Sep 3 07:38:22 EDT 2010

I have just begun using GnuCash and after my first couple of entries
into my General Ledger, my entries are no longer being posted to the
appropriate accounts.

I have entered the daily sales into my sales account and the cash into
my petty cash account.  The transaction was recorded and is balanced.

When I check my Accounts, the sales account shows a 0 balance as does
the petty cash account.  The income/expense report also shows no balance
in the sales account.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Keith