creating a new currency for airline miles

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Sat Sep 18 13:54:52 EDT 2010

Am Samstag, 18. September 2010 um 19:15:33 schrieb
cognitive.libertarian+ml at gmail.com:
:
> It doesn't appear possible to create a new currency.

Yes, we support only currencies defined by the ISO.

> So I can only
> think of a couple hacks:
>
> * hijack and repurpose an existing obscure currency that you're
>   unlikely to ever use

No good idea, you could shoot in your foot. But there is the currency XXX - No
Currency, which can be used therefor.

> * create a stock account, and treat each milage program as stocks

If there is a whole bunch of special commodities you wish to handle, this
might be the better solution for you
.
HTH
Frank