Incorrect Use of Bond Pricing in GnuCash 2.29

rsbrux at yahoo.com rsbrux at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 15:25:06 EDT 2010

I am using the latest stable Windows version of GnuCash.  It appears to suffer from a problem which was already mentioned in this post on the developer list in February 2005.  Bond prices are usually reported in percent of face value, but GnuCash treats bond pricing the same as stock pricing.  This results in all of my bond positions being calculated with a value 100x what they should be.  Since this problem has been around for a while, I am hoping that some kind of workaround exists.  The obvious solution would be to enter all of the prices in units instead of percent, but this presumably means dispensing with automatic quotes.  What methods are others using to handle this?