gnucash data backup file

Oda Stout stouto at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 25 09:06:09 EDT 2010

  Part of my problem was using a new program that I was not familiar
with.(Did not read all of the user's guide :-) ) During my initial use
of gnucash, I did not save the files when I closed the program, and the
next time I opened gnucash, it did not load  the data file with my
transactions, and I did not know the name of the data file , nor where
the file was stored on my computer. I finally located the data files in
the  Applications Directory on my hard drive. There are a lot of gnucash
data files stored there. Do I need to keep all of them?  After reading
all of your suggestions, and reading the user's guide a little more, I
am ready to go forward.  Thanks for all of the help.

Next question, how can I export my Parson's MoneyCounts for Windows data
files into gnucash?

Thanks again.
Jess