Invoice

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Sep 27 13:46:55 EDT 2010

At Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:14:12 -0400 David Langer <dlangerpi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your replies.
>
> My problem is that I need to show the source of the payment; I realize now
> that if I change that line (399) of invoice.scm it will only reflect
> one description method at a time. That is, if the invoice shows several cash
> payments and one retainer payment, then either the description will be all
> "from retainer" or all "paid by cash".
>
> Is this right? Am I interpreting the file correctly?
>
> Also, I am not a programmer, and I'm not sure about getting around the read
> only permission for this file, in case I do want to change something.

Copy the file from the installed directory (/usr/share/<mumble>) to
someplace under your home directory.  That is make a folder under your
home directory, call it something like "My Custom Gnucash report code".
Change the name of the file to something else, say
"retainer-invoice.scm".  Then add to (or create)
~/.gnucash/config.user the line:

(load-from-path "/path/to/home/My Custom Gnucash report code/retainer-invoice.scm")

(replace '/path/to/home' with the path of your home directory, typically
this will be /home/username, where username is your login username).

> Thanks
>
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Mike Evans <mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk>wrote:
>
> > On Monday September 27 2010 17:13:09 David Langer wrote:
> >

> > > Can you please let me know the location of the .scm file (I'm using
> > Linux)

> > You should find invoice.scm, fancy-invoice.scm and
> > easy-invoice.scm in,
> >
> > /usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/
> >
> > Restart GnuCash after editing to see any changes.
> >
> > Mike E
> >

> > --
> > GPG Key: 1024D/050895C2
> > Keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/
> > Search String: 0x050895C2

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933