Present x Total columns

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Sep 28 04:53:25 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 22 September 2010, FireFly wrote:
> Derek,
>
> Thanks, unfortunately this was the first patch I ever submitted (and to
>  date still the only one I've ever had time to look into).
>
> I've attached the patch to the bugzilla item now, are there any other
>  processes that need to be followed for this to be considered as potential
>  for an actual patch?

No, attaching the patch to a bug should be sufficient. If the patch is non-
trivial, it would be good to explain in the bugreport what it does as well.

It can be useful to send a mail to the gnucash-devel list, although I
personally don't think this is really needed.

 Several developers monitor bugzilla for new patches on a regular basis so
your patch should be noticed.

> Also, maybe it would be nice to update the development page to include
>  something about that? currently it states
>
> #  Once you are done attach the patch to the bug, and send an email to
>  gnucash-devel mailing list. # If you mail a patch to gnucash-devel, it
>  should be attached, not inlined.
>
> That's it, which is why I was under the (apparent) mistaken impression that
>  I'd done all that was needed for a patch to be considered.
>
> Page I'm talking about is here
>
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Development

Thanks for pointing that out. I have chosen to update the information on this
page to make it more clear that attaching patches to bugs is the preferred way
to publish a patch.

Geert