Present x Total columns

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 22 09:44:08 EDT 2010

Hi,

FireFly <fireflys_98 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Derek,
>
> Thanks, unfortunately this was the first patch I ever submitted (and to date still the only one I've ever had time to look into).
>
> I've attached the patch to the bugzilla item now, are there any other processes that need to be followed for this to be considered as potential for an actual patch?
>
> Also, maybe it would be nice to update the development page to include something about that? currently it states
>
> #  Once you are done attach the patch to the bug, and send an email to gnucash-devel mailing list.
> # If you mail a patch to gnucash-devel, it should be attached, not inlined.
>
> That's it, which is why I was under the (apparent) mistaken impression that I'd done all that was needed for a patch to be considered.

Oh, that's all you need for the patch to be CONSIDERED...  But it can
get lost if nobody looks at it promptly which is why we recommend using
a bugzilla ticket.  The issue is that we get hundreds of messages a
week, so if nobody looks at the email promptly it can easily get lost.

I'm sorry this got lost.  Normally after a week or two people pipe up
and say "hey, what about my patch?" at which point someone would either
look at it or suggest posting it to Bugzilla.

> Page I'm talking about is here
>
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Development

Yes, I know.