Question on advanced portfolio and buying shares directly from income

FireFly fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 00:15:29 EDT 2010

I had been working on my PTO as a pseudo share account, and buying shares of PTO straight from income, when I ran advanced portfolio I got really odd results, money in seemed to be just my starting balance from equity, value seemed to be right (right number of shares left) but then money out was massively off, I mean I have the exchange rate for PTO hours at a silly rate ($0.01 per share) but it was showing me as having money out of approx $26,000?

I just changed it around and had the money in coming into an asset account, before it was then used to buy the hours stock and that seemed to resolve the problem? So is buying shares directly from income frowned upon?

- James Duerr

E-mail: FireFlys_98 at yahoo.com