Problem with currencies in split transactions

Matt Tovey matt.tovey at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:13:54 EDT 2011

I've just upgraded to gnucash 2.4.4.

Now when I take an existing transaction, between two accounts in EUR,
split it, and change the amount in one of the splits, the imbalance
appears in USD instead of EUR.

If I add another split and set it correctly, so as to change the
imbalance to 0, a currency conversion window opens, asking to enter a
rate between EUR and USD. This shouldn't happen, as all of the
accounts are in EUR.

I looked in Preferences, and saw that my default currency was set to
USD. Changed to EUR, but it hasn't helped.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Matt