Problem with currencies in split transactions

Matt Tovey matt.tovey at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 7 09:37:59 EDT 2011

Hi Derek,

thanks for your answer. Meanwhile, I've gone through and deleted the
transactions that I needed to split, and re-entered them. That's
solved the problem, as far as I'm concerned. Still, in case you're
interested, let me answer your questions anyway:

> Upgraded from which version?

It was version 2.2.something. 2.2.4, I think.

> What's your system locale?
> Changing this default will not help with any existing transactions.

This is under Windows. Looking at my regional settings, default
currency would appear to be "$".

> How did you enter the transactions?  (Using what User Interface)?

These transactions were actually imported from a QIF file. I'm 95%
sure that I was asked which currency the transactions were in when I
imported them, and that I selected Euros.

I've just done a small test, importing an example QIF file, as Euro,
and the resulting transaction can be split without this currency
problem. Also, when I attempt to import the transaction as USD,
gnucash recognises a conflict and creates new accounts.

Cheers,

Matt