Webkit/gtk on win32

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Sat Apr 9 11:41:35 EDT 2011

I've now basically integrated the webkit/gtk build into windows.  I can
package it up into a ZIP file for inclusion in the normal build.  What
version of GTK should I build with?  In my local build, I updated all
dependencies to their most up-to-date version (well, most up-to-date
version that exists on ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32).  It
builds and starts.  However, if more than 2 tabs are open, any other
than the current one show an icon but the text is a big black rectangle.
I remember talk about this problem.  Is this a bug in gnucash or in gtk?
What version of gtk/other dependencies do other developers (who care
about gtk version) want me to build against?

There are still a few manual steps involved in the build, or I would
check in the files so that other people could reproduce.  I will still
work on getting it fully reproducible and automated so that other people
can build webkit for gnucash when required.

Phil