using Online Banking Setup

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 12 23:17:52 EDT 2011

On Apr 12, 2011, at 7:33 PM, crobert wrote:

> Followed the instructions contained in the referenced wiki with no luck. I
> get no response at all. The ofx.log only show the transmission from my side.
> There is no response at all from the other side. It looks like it is blocked
> by a firewall or something like that.
>
> gnucash version: 2.4.5
> OS: Windows vista
>
> Any ideas?

What bank and what kind of account? If a bank has been bought out by another bank since the FID and web address were added to the wiki, those sometimes crucial items may have changed.

Every couple years I get a free copy of Quicken Basic for buying Turbo Tax. In a pinch, I use that to retrieve my data once from where-ever, and then look at the ofx.log in Quicken's help function to find out all the parameters I need to feed to aqbanking.

It's possible the bank has gone to multifactor authentication (required by US bank regulators, supposedly starting Jan 2007). I haven't seen that yet with ofx logins, but all of my checking/savings account interactions have multi-page logins. None of my credit card suppliers does. Intuit has made multifactor a royal pain by not documenting all the necessary information. So much for open standards.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net