Register colors

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Apr 14 04:08:01 EDT 2011

On woensdag 13 april 2011, David Carlson wrote:
> I am investigating what it takes to change register colors.  I have
> found an unsatisfactory answer in the FAQ about creating a GTKRC file
> and somehow putting it in the right place for gnucash to find it when it
> starts.
>
> However, I found a whole bunch of GTKRC files already existing in the
> c:\Program Files\gnucash\share\themes\ directory.  Would it not be
> possible to simply choose among these?  How can i do that?
>
> David Carlson

Actually, there is an undocumented way to do this: there is a program called
gtk2_prefs.exe that gets installed together with gnucash that can be used to
change the theme the gnucash will use.
This program is located in c:\Program Files\GnuCash\bin\

When you run this program, it should display a list of themes you can select
from.

Geert