Register colors

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 14 06:17:40 EDT 2011

On 4/14/2011 3:08 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On woensdag 13 april 2011, David Carlson wrote:
>> I am investigating what it takes to change register colors.  I have
>> found an unsatisfactory answer in the FAQ about creating a GTKRC file
>> and somehow putting it in the right place for gnucash to find it when it
>> starts.
>>
>> However, I found a whole bunch of GTKRC files already existing in the
>> c:\Program Files\gnucash\share\themes\ directory.  Would it not be
>> possible to simply choose among these?  How can i do that?
>>
>> David Carlson
> Actually, there is an undocumented way to do this: there is a program called
> gtk2_prefs.exe that gets installed together with gnucash that can be used to
> change the theme the gnucash will use.
> This program is located in c:\Program Files\GnuCash\bin\
>
> When you run this program, it should display a list of themes you can select
> from.
>
> Geert

Thank you, Geert!  That should be documented in the installation
documentation.  Since you pointed that out, I found a link to that
program in the Windows Gnucash startup directory.  So easy!

There are also links to the online FAQ, Install Online Price Retrieval,
Report a bug, show the Readme, Uninstall Gnucash, and (hold on to your
hats, folks) to start Gnucash.

David Carlson