Balancing checking account with bank statement

Diann dhayes at hornelaw.us
Thu Apr 14 16:33:30 EDT 2011

I am having difficulty with this.  I find that the reconciliation window
does not carry forward the ending balance from the previous bank statement
as the opening balance to reconcile with, but rather carries forward the
checkbook balance.  This makes it very unlikely to balance with the bank
statement.   Other programs I have used have always carried forward the
ending bank statement balance as the opening balance on the next
reconciliation.  Am I missing something or doing something wrong?  Thanks
for your help.

Diann I. Hayes

Legal Assistant

Horne Law Firm, PLLC

2315 Market Street

Wilmington, NC 28403

Tel:  910.254.7901   Fax: 910.254.7903

The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and
confidential and is intended for the sole use of the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any interception, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and
unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify the sender listed herein and delete the electronic file,
and destroy any print of the original message.