Balancing checking account with bank statement

Diann dhayes at hornelaw.us
Mon Apr 18 08:48:44 EDT 2011

Thank you for responding.  No, the ending balance on the BANK statement is
not the same as the RECONCILED balance on the checkbook ledger.  The bank
does not have any information with regard to "uncleared" checks and
deposits.  The bank statement only carries forward deposits and checks which
have cleared.  In reconciling a Bank statement with a checkbook ledger, it
has always been my experience, that the Ending balance on the BANK
statements is the BEGINNING Balance on the RECONCILIATION of bookkeeping.

Diann I. Hayes
Legal Assistant
Horne Law Firm, PLLC
2315 Market Street
Wilmington, NC 28403
Tel:  910.254.7901   Fax: 910.254.7903

The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and
confidential and is intended for the sole use of the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any interception, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and
unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify the sender listed herein and delete the electronic file,
and destroy any print of the original message.