Tax report for Canada

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Wed Apr 20 21:53:13 EDT 2011

Hi Damon,

Am Mittwoch, 20. April 2011 um 20:21:08 schrieb Damon:
:
> It seems as though the good functionality from 2.2 was accidental, and
> now the tax report has been refined for US users but made useless for
> everyone else.

At least for german business users the changes are an important improvement,
but we have our own VAT report, which is only shown, if you start gnucash
with LANG=de_DE.

:
> Am i missing something obvious about how to set up tax-related accounts
> and still get a report that's useful for a Canadian user?

From your report, I assume, the report is now requiring USD as currency.

Eventually you could copy the old en_US report - with some adjustments from
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports - as en_CA in your 2.4 folder.
And then run LANG=en_CA gnucash

> Is there any way to access the tax report as it existed in gnucash-2.2?
> Any other suggestions from Canadian or other non-US gnucash users?

You could file a bug report [see http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla] and
attach screenshots how it worked before and now and probably a sample data
file.

HTH
Frank