OFX import account match bug

brad bradhaack at fastmail.us
Wed Apr 20 14:32:57 EDT 2011

I just updated to 2.4.5.   I think there is new bug in the OFX importer.

The ofx importer has forgotten which gnucash account is tied to the ofx
account.  It then brings up the select account menu.  I choose the
account and get this pop up:

The chosen account "TrgtDate2005" does not have the correct
currency/security "Target Date Fund 2005-720001" (it has "Target Date
Fund 2005-720001" instead). This account cannot be used. Do you want to
choose again?

I tried saying yes, & looped back.  I said no, & it appeared to take the
transaction into the correct account anyway.   I had to repeat this many
times, the importer even went back to transactions which it had imported
last time (usually it doesn't do this).
It appeared to take the transactions into the correct accounts, but used
a price of $1 instead of the correct price and the number of shares is
wrong.
In the example above the 2 items in quotes match exactly so it doesn't
make sense.  Some of transactions didn't match so I don't think this was
even being checked before.  It was probably using <UNIQUEID> and it
wasn't looking at <SECNAME>

Brad