Fast data entry possible?

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Sun Apr 24 13:30:00 EDT 2011

> > If I assign a number to each account, will I be able to just
> > enter the number, rather than three or four account names?  (This
> > data entry burden could be a deal-breaker_)
>
> No. That's been asked for, but never implemented.

For something that's never been implemented, it works remarkably well!

If you assign a unique value to the Account Code field, then when entering a transaction you can enter the Account Code instead of the full Account Name.  I have assigned shorthand names to the Account Code field of my more frequently-used accounts, and have been using this feature pretty much every day for a couple of years now ...  :-)

Colin