Obtaining Security Quotes

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 25 16:09:51 EDT 2011

I find that my laptop computer has the same version 2.4 Gnucash and it
retrieves quotes fine.  I didn't do any update after I upgraded to
version 2.4.  I understand that is done with Perl but that either
doesn't work or I don't know how to use it.  If I go to the perl.exe
file and open it I get a blank screen.  If I then enter gnc-fq-update or
gnc-fq-dump nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong?
Mike