Counters format

Chris Jones cgj at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 27 08:31:52 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm using GnuCash 2.4.5 with a SQL database and I'm struggling with
the "counters formatting" (File->Properties->Counters tab)

Let's say I want my employee numbers to be 6 characters in length like
"EMP" + 3 digits. The mouse-over says it should be a "printf-style
format string", so I figured EMP%03d would do the trick.

No matter what I try, I still just get the next available 6-digit
number for new employees (same goes for customers and invoices). Where
am I going wrong?

--
Best Regards

Chris Jones