Problem opening a new file

Bill Reimer reimer at alcor.concordia.ca
Fri Apr 29 14:03:10 EDT 2011

Here are a few - moving through the sequence as specified in the example
from the Help menu.

1. Opened GnuCash

2. File -> New file

3. View -> New accounts page

4. Actions -> New Account

This opens a new tab on my Vista bar at the bottom, but the window looks
exactly like the one above. I can repeat step 4 and each time a new tab
appears at the bottom but I cannot edit or open a new account properties
dialog window. You can see the look of the drop-down menu I get on the edit
option: the Edit Account option is greyed out.

I hope this helps. I’m running on Vista, by the way. It looks to me that the
template for the New Account Properties window is missing or defaults to
this other page.

Bill

===================================

Dept. of Sociology and Anthropology, Concordia University (H1125-01)

1455 boul de Maisonneuve O., Montréal, Québec, CANADA H3G 1M8

Tel: (514) 848-2424 ext.2171   Fax: (450) 689-5435   E-mail:
<mailto:bill.reimer at concordia.ca> bill.reimer at concordia.ca

CRRF WWW Page:     <http://www.crrf.ca> http://crrf.concordia.ca

NRE WWW Page:      <http://nre.concordia.ca> http://nre.concordia.ca

CRRG WWW Page:     <http://alcor.concordia.ca/~reimer/crrg>