Problem opening a new file

Bill Reimer reimer at alcor.concordia.ca
Sat Apr 30 18:49:32 EDT 2011

Problem solved!

When I got home and tried to open a new account using the procedure on the
GnuCash example, the account properties window opened nicely - on my
alternate screen! At home I configure my machine with a dual screen setup
but on the road I have only the single screen. I must have moved the
properties window to the second screen the last time I worked with GnuCash
at home and so the default screen went to the second screen when a new
window was opened.

I think that this was my ignorance, not a poor feature of GnuCash so I
expect you won't want to make any changes to the program - unless there is a
flag indicating whether the user is working with a dual screen or not. I
will just have to get my act together enough to remember to reconfigure to a
single screen when I am on the road.

I'm sorry to have caused you all the bother - but maybe someone else can
benefit from my oversight.

I greatly appreciate the effort and help that you have provided me along the
way.

Best wishes,
Bill

PS. The answer to your last question is that no change occurred when I
clicked on the Vista bar at the bottom - at least on the main screen. It was
all happening on the second screen.

Dept. of Sociology and Anthropology, Concordia University (H1125-01)
1455 boul de Maisonneuve O., Montréal, Québec, CANADA H3G 1M8
Tel: (514) 848-2424 ext.2171   Fax: (450) 689-5435   E-mail:
bill.reimer at concordia.ca
CRRF WWW Page:    http://crrf.concordia.ca
NRE WWW Page:     http://nre.concordia.ca
CRRG WWW Page:    http://crrg.concordia.ca