Can't update preferences and can't get rid of Welcome dialog in Gnucash 2.4.7 (OS X 2.6.8)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 2 13:30:15 EDT 2011

prl <prl at ozemail.com.au> writes:

> On 1/08/11 14:08, John Ralls wrote:
>> Did you perchance have 2.4.6 installed? If so, see if
>> ~/Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus (~ refers to your home
>> directory) exists, and if it does move it to the trash and empty the
>> trash, then Gnucash again. Regards, John Ralls
> Hi, John. I've only ever had Gnucash 2.4.7 installed. No earlier
> versions. The launchagent isn't there:
>
> Cambyses:~ prl$ ls -l ~/Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus
> ls: /Volumes/Cambyses
> User/Users/prl/Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus: No such file
> or directory
> Cambyses:~ prl$

Could there be an issue with the space in the directory path?  It looks
like the path is "/Volumes/Cambyses User/Users/prl/..."   Could this
space be an issue?