Searching for account names (without transactions)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 10 09:24:17 EDT 2011

Hi,

alfggmb <alfggmb at verizon.net> writes:

> I have so many account registers that this would be a way for me to
> consolidate certain ones in one viewable report area on the computer.
>
> In other words I may have a 'Savings account' register as a child in a few
> different parents, and would like to do a find or a report to see all of
> them together just for viewing for that time..that the report/find is done.

I still don't understand.   Let's say you have:

  Assets:Current Assets:Bank1:Savings
  A:C A:Bank 2:Savings
  A:C A:Bank 3:Savings

Yes, you have three accounts named "Savings", but why would you need to
see them "together", let alone "search" for them?

Could you please give more details about exactly what you're trying to
do?  I recommend you go into specific detail about what exactly you're
doing.  Don't be abtract here...   There may be a better way to do what
you're trying to do, but currently I don't understand the abstract of
what you're attempting, so let's try a specific use-case.

Thanks,