Quicken 2005 User Looking To Move To GnuCash - Have some questions

rt1001 member5555 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 21:44:46 EDT 2011

Hello!

I have been using the Quicken 2005 version for keeping track of my personal
finances for a number of years.

I am now looking to "move on" and am considering GnuCash.  I had tried
GnuCash, briefly, several years ago but did not switch.

My questions are:
1. How easily can I transfer my existing Quicken 2005 data to GnuCash (and
how completely)?  For instance, does GnuCash support split credit card
transactions (one purchase going to 2 or more categories)?

2. Whan I tried GnuCash previously (under Windows XP), it created a bunch of
directories for the data in very non-standard locations.  Can the location
of the data be controlled by the user?  Does it still use multiple
directories?

3. As for downloading transactions from my bank and credit card, can GnuCash
import OFX or QFX formatted files?  Some companies offer OFX while some
offer QFX.