Tranfers between asset:checking accounts

Jim & Grace Flowers dondiegoflores at verizon.net
Sat Aug 13 21:01:01 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: gnucash-user-bounces+dondiegoflores=verizon.net at gnucash.org
[mailto:gnucash-user-bounces+dondiegoflores=verizon.net at gnucash.org] On
Behalf Of Jim & Grace Flowers
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:15 PM
To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Subject: Tranfers between asset:checking accounts

I'm new to this program, but for the most part I like it.  I have a problem
transferring money between checking accounts.  The main account where I
write checks on is the recipient account.  It is also the source of the
initial transfer to the other "checking" account.  The other "checking"
account is a holding account where I transfer funds at the beginning of the
month to pay bills that come due any time after the first week.  I'm retired
and only get paid once a month.  This way I will have the funds when I need
them later in the month.