Split transfers with a decrease in Assets:checking

Jim & Grace Flowers dondiegoflores at verizon.net
Sat Aug 13 22:04:38 EDT 2011

Gentlemen:

I'm new to this program and am having extreme problems with split
transactions that decrease the checking account.  The example in the Help
file shows a split transaction with an increase in the checking account.
(Here I should add there is problem with the third sentence under split
transactions.  It reads "Your take home pay from a paycheck will typically
be less than your net pay,.  Net should read "gross".)

I'm trying to enter a split transaction that involves expense accounts paid
from the checking account.  There doesn't seem to be an example showing this
kind of transaction.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I'm using
version 2.4.7, if that helps.

Thanks,

Jim Flowers