Quicken 2005 User Looking To Move To GnuCash - Have some questions

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Sun Aug 14 22:28:05 EDT 2011

On 12/08/11 16:11, prl wrote:
> I still need to check exactly what happened in the export/import
> process to some of the items in my Quicken Investments portfolio. We
> have some separately owned shares in some of the same companies, and
> they're entered as separate items in the Quicken Investments
> Portfolio, and it looks as though the export/import has merged hem
> into one holding. I'm not certain that it has, but if it has, it'll be
> a bit annoying, because there are capital gains tax implications in
> the separate ownership of the shares.
I've gone back and checked this: there was no problem. The separate
holdings of each company's shares where we both have shares have been
correctly transferred from Quicken into separate accounts in GnuCash.

I'm currently doing my second import/export to see how my weeding has
gone in the Quicken version of my accounts.

Regards,
Peter