Quicken Files

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Mon Aug 15 22:22:50 EDT 2011

On 16/08/11 8:17, Russell Mercer wrote:
> ... Quicken files are not
> natively stored in a .QIF file.  That is an interchange format.  I don't
> remember offhand, where it is located, but there is an export command.  I
> think it is under the file menu.  This will let you export your transactions
> to a .QIF file which can then be imported to GnuCash.

Hi Angela, Guy. In my version, Quicken 2005 for Mac, export to QIF is in
File>Export... You can either select Full Export to export everything,
or Custom to the select accounts and date ranges to export.

You might also want to have a look at the recent gnucash-user topic
"Quicken 2005 User Looking To Move To GnuCash - Have some questions". If
you weren't subscribed before, have a look in the list archives for
August:
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2011-August/thread.html. It
has some more information about importing from Quicken.

Regards,
Peter