setting up accounts

Glenn Kuyers g.kuyers at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 16:43:33 EDT 2011

I have recently downloaded Gnucash for my personal money management and that only for a checking account and two separate savings accounts.  Presently, I have been able to open one new account in the asset category and enter a beginning balance in that account.  I cannot figure out how to get rid of the placemark (I think that is what it is called) so I can enter additional transactions in the account.  Also, I can not figure out how to open a second and third account (for the two savings accounts) in the asset category.  When I try to do that I always end up adding the balance of the additional account to the balance of the first account that I entered.

Realizing that I am not all that computer savy, I would appreciate step by step instructions that can be printed out and that I can follow to allow me to establish the three accounts that I need and be able to use the program to manage my personal finances.

I previously had used Microsoft Money and loved its simplicity and am told by some computer geeks that Gnucash is as simple to use, but I'm not finding that to be treu as of right now.

I am eagerly anticipating response(s) to this email that will get me "on the right track" to use Gnucash.  Responses can be sent to g.kuyers at yahoo.com

Thanks,  Glenn Kuyers