Question on Investments

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 22 14:01:32 EDT 2011

After you open an account you can go to Actions>View Lots and then scrub
account to show the lots and it will calculate profit/loss based on
FIFO.  Unfortunately , there are some conditions when it calculates the
wrong answer and I haven't figured out what these conditions are.  Worse
yet, there is no indication when it has provided the wrong answer.  Last
year at tax season I used an Excel spreadsheet to figure profit/loss and
in 90% of the cases GnuCash had calculated the correct answer.  I hope
someone can define the conditions or sequence of steps that cause the
wrong answer to be calculated.  I think it is related to scrubbing the
account more than once but that does not seem to be the entire answer.
Mike