Question on Investments

Paul Schwartz pmjs1115 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 14:53:09 EDT 2011

Whether for stocks or mutual funds [but especially mutual funds], I put all transactions in one asset account [per brokerage account] and then use a spreadsheet or calculator & paper to figure out the proper entries when a sale is executed. That way, you can control the accounting rule used to assign cost basis to the transaction.

HTH

Paul